MIT and MAKE MONEY FAST
- industry partnerships (e.g., Nanovation Technologies)
- technology licensing deals for cash
- licensing deals for equity in successful "spinoff" companies
- alumni who donate very large amounts of money
Copyright 2000, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
All rights reserved.
- few major network-security issues related to partnerships
- January 2000: breakin to machine associated with LAI
- LAI = Lean Aerospace Initiative
- involves MIT, aerospace companies, USAF and other agencies
- a web site modified by Algorithm Cracker (see attrition.org)
- not an issue that would get MIT removed from partnership
- June: issues with machines from Ford Motor Co. collaboration
- probably not even serious enough to report back to Ford
- future: may see network-security guidelines in industry contracts